Work to install water pipes and build a new treatment facility will impact on Stansted’s roads from this September, Affinity Water say.
The utility company will soon start to install two new sections of water mains between Forest Hall Road to Chapel Hill and Forest Hall Road to Church Road.
Affinity say the work is needed to improve infrastructure so they can continue to supply quality drinking water long into the future.
When will work begin
• Approximate date of works: 18 September 2023 – April 2024
• Time of works: 7:00am – 6:00pm (Monday to Friday), 8:00am – 4:00pm (Saturday), 9:00am – 3:00pm (Sunday)
• Locations: Spencer Close, Chapel Hill, Silver Street, Pines Hill, Stansted Road, Forest Hall Road, Church Road
There’ll be various phases of traffic control including traffic lights and road closures that have been approved by the highway authority. Affinity say it’s likely that there’ll be some traffic disruption at peak times, so you may need to allow more time for your journey.
- Access: There’ll be times when vehicle access to your property will be restricted during certain phases of the works. Pedestrian access to your property will be maintained throughout the duration of the work. Please look out for on-street signage for the exact location of traffic management and road closures.
- Your water supply: Your water supply may be affected during this work. Affinity will post a card through your door and contact you in advance if there’ll be any interruptions. You may also notice a slight change in your water pressure at times.
- Noise: To minimise noise during our stated working hours the company will operate a ‘non-idle’ policy where plant and machinery won’t be left running for extended periods unless they’re actively working.
The company will update again towards the end of August when they’ll be able to provide more information relating to each phase of the works and the specific road closure diversion routes.
Road Closure Notice
Essex Highways have issued a road closure notice in relation to these works that under the ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 – SECTION 14(1) will see Church Road shut for 9 days from October 21, 2023 (see separate post). The closure will see a diversion introduced using Walson Way and Forest Hall Road. See one.network map for details.
Online Drop-in Event
A customer drop-in session will be held at the beginning of September when you’ll be able to ask questions. Before then you can meet representatives of Affinity Water online on the 25th July at 2pm. If you would like to do so email firstname.lastname@example.org confirming your attendance and contact details. The company will then provide you with a digital invite.