Minutes of a meeting of the FULL COUNCIL held at 7.30pm on Wednesday 14th April 2022 in The Mountfitchet Exchange, Crafton Green, 72 Chapel Hill, Stansted Mountfitchet, Essex
PRESENT Cllrs M Caton (Chair), Cllrs A Barnes, G Braeckman, A Guney, J Hogg, J Hudson
M Jessup, P Jones, J Kavanagh, A Khan, J O’Brien, L Prior and T Smith
Mrs Ruth Clifford – Parish Clerk
Mrs Emma Philbrick – Trainee Deputy Clerk
District Councillor Melvin Caton
County Councillor Ray Gooding
4 members of the public
419 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs Richard and Sell due to them both being on holiday. It was unanimous:
RESOLVED to accept the apologies from Cllrs Richards and Sell
One member of the public spoke regarding the sad passing of Richard Shervington and also regarding Highways issues from the last Sub-Committee meeting
Public Participation Ends
420 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Cllr Braeckman declared an interest in agenda item 18
421 TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE FULL COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 23RD MARCH 2022
Cllr Khan asked for an amendment to be made to his District Councillor report
RESOLVED to approve the minutes of the Full Council meeting held on 23rd March 2022 once the amendment has been made.
422 TO RECEIVE AN UPDATE ON ACTION POINTS FROM THE LAST MEETING – None
423 TO RECEIVE A REPORT FROM THE CHAIR – Attached
The Chair added to her report that she had been advised that Derek Bayford – former Fire station officer – had sadly passed away.
Cllr Hogg asked although there have been some delays to early stages of the Local Plan, will Uttlesford still be trying to stick to the deadline date or will time be added on at the end? Dist. Cllr Caton advised that the new timeline had just been published by UDC and they are still hoping to have this completed in 2024.
Cllr Khan updated regarding the airport parking signs – they are currently being made. They Airport have also agreed to put signs up in specific roads in Forest Hall Park. The only sticking point at present is they would need Essex Highways to agree for the signs to be put on their lampposts. He is currently working with Cty Cllr Gooding to get this permission.
Cllr Khan also agreed to speak to Officers at UDC to try and get the Grant money paid for the Crafton Green Refurbishment.
424 DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT
Dist. Cllr Khan reported the following:
Norse – At UDC’s next council meeting on 20th they will be asking some very specific questions. It seems Norse they have been doing what is required. But, but no-one has been asking them for the information
Dist. Cllr Caton reported the following:
A new head of Planning has been appointed, Dean Hermitage and he will be starting sometime in June.
A scheme was launched by UDC in January where any household earning under £30,000 can receive up to £10,000 towards insulating and making their properties energy efficient.
Ukrainian Refugees – The Parish Council has already put out the lastest update from Peter Holt but there should be another one soon as he will be requesting it at the meeting on 20th. Everyone is frustrated at the slowness of the visa situation.
Cllr Jones asked regarding the £10,000 which has budgeted towards providing a member of staff to be based at the Mountfitchet Exchange. Why did this not happen and why not informed that this wasn’t going ahead? Cllr Caton advised that this has been discussed with Peter Holt and this might be presented in another way. Another meeting regarding this is planned. Dist. Cllr Caton advised that UDC will be going through a transformation programme over the next 5 years which will mean job losses. It is expected the level of support will be similar.
425 COUNTY COUNILLOR REPORT
Cty Cllr Gooding reported the following:
The report he gave Cllr Sell verbally for the Highways Sub-Committee meeting was unfortunately misinterpreted so Cty Cllr Gooding gave an overview on what the plans were and what the stages of the project would be.
Highways were contacting commercial sat nav companies and asking them to remove Stansted from routes.
Local Highways Panel – Met last week and UDC agreed to remove the caveat on the money agreed and it would now been moved into the LHP account where they can use without any of the previous restrictions. It is a total sum of £701,000 which is great news.
The package to go forward with the Grove Hill scheme has been approved although there was significant pushback from other local authorities. Luckily none of them voted against it.
With regard to the airport parking signs, he cannot see it being an issue on the lampposts as they are only advisory. He is trying to get formal written confirmation.
Cllr Khan asked where the County had got to with the 20 is plenty scheme put forward. Cty Cllr Gooding advised that they had 95 or so projects put forward and about 1/3 had been validated. This one had not yet been validated but is hoping it will be at the next meeting in June.
a) TO APPROVE THE LIST OF PAYMENTS – Approved
b) TO RECEIVE THE SUMMARY AND INCOME EXPENDITURE TO 31ST MARCH ‘22
This was sent to all members ahead of the meeting. The Clerk advised that this was not yet the year end accounts.
c) TO RECEIVE THE VAT RETURN TO 31ST MARCH ‘22
This was received by all members
427 PLANNING APPLICATIONS
1 UTT/22/0414/HHF – RYDERS FARM, BURTON END
Proposed alterations to listed building and demolition of existing workshop and erection of new workshop and garage.
No objection as long as the Conservation Officer approves
2 UTT/22/0415/LB – RYDERS FARM, BURTON END
Proposed alterations of listed building
No objection as long as the Conservation Officer approves.
3 UTT/22/0803/HHF – 96 WALSON WAY
Single storey rear extension and internal alteration
4 UTT/22/0787/HHF – 47 CHAPEL HILL
Proposed erection of porch to the front elevation of the property to be rendered and painted white.
428 SPORTS AND LEISURE STRATEGY
A draft strategy was presented by Cllr Hogg following consultation with the Chair.
The Chair, Cllr Caton, advised that Cllr Hogg would be calling on people as and when required and they are also keen to get as many community members involved.
Cllr Hogg talked through the draft strategy and the meeting also heard from Tom Williams – Secretary of Stansted Football Club and Phil Berry – Chair of Stansted Sports Association. The Chair advised that this is not just about Sports and Leisure but Culture too. It will take time to achieve targets.
Cllr Guney asked them to include cycling and fishing as these sports are high in participation.
After more discussions took place it was unanimously:
RESOLVED to take this strategy forward
429 CRAFTON GREEN HOUSE – TO CONSIDER ACCEPTING A QUOTE FOR REPAIRS
Cllr Caton abstained herself from the conversation as her neighbour had tendered for the work. Ahead of the meeting the clerk sent a report to members detailing that a full survey of Crafton Green House and the list of proposed improvements/repairs were discussed by the Working Group and agreed with Touchpoint. The Clerk had invited three companies to ender for various aspects of the work. One company replied to say that they could submit a quote, but it would be a 52 week wait until they could start, one company declined on the basis they are very busy and the contract would be a bit small for them. The third company had met the Clerk on site and submitted the quote which she had also sent to all members. She explained that the quote was within budget and that the Working Group was seeking the Council’s consent to proceed with this refurbishment work at the earliest opportunity. Having been proposed by Cllr Khan and seconded by Cllr O’Brien it was unanimously:
RESOLVED to accept the quote received.
430 WORK SCHEDULE
This was received by members
431 TO RECEIVE AN UPDATE FROM THE EVENTS WORKING GROUP
Cllr Caton advised the following:
They are currently pursuing a number of entertainers and they have another potential children’s entertainer booked and face painting.
Struggling to find anyone to cover the first aid as companies are not responding.
Toilets have been arranged
Brohmon have today confirmed they will be providing a food outlet
The stage is being ordered
Once secured the list of events will be published
Still looking for a DJ
John Black – Music in the Park – has been a great help in locating acts
Bouncy Castle is booked
Have put out a request for sponsors but none have come forward yet.
Have two options for sites for the Beacon and talking to the U3a about a choir.
432 WINDMILL SUB-COMMITTEE – TO RECEIVE THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 30TH MARCH 2022
The minutes of the meeting held on 30th March 2022 were received by the Council
433 F&GP COMMITTEE – TO RECEIVE THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 30TH MARCH 2022
The minutes of the meeting held on 30th March 2022 were received by the Council
434 TO APPROVE THE EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY POLICY
Some discussion took place between members and suggestions made. It was agreed that this would go back to the Policy Working Group to work on and bring back to Full Council.
435 TO CONSIDER ADOPTING THE DRAFT HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
This was distributed to members ahead of the meeting. Cllr O’Brien was unhappy with some of the wording and had some suggestions of changes and additions to the document. After discussions it was agreed that this would go to the Policy Working Group to have a look at and bring back to Full Council.
436 CALL FOR SITES – TO CONSIDER THE COUNCIL’S POSITION WITH REGARD TO SITE 013 FOR 66 HOUSES IN HIGH LANE – MINUTE 375 REFERS.
At the last meeting, Cllr Jones asked members to go and have a look at the site and decide if they still thought they should support this application. After discussions and having been proposed by Cllr Jones and seconded by Cllr Khan and with 10 votes in favour and 2 abstentions it was:
RESOLVED to reverse the Council’s decision and now object to this site.
Meeting closed at 9.33pm
434 Policy Working Group to look at the Equality and Diversity Policy again
435 Policy Working Group to look at the Health and Safety Policy
— Chair Maureen Caton
We are moving ahead with plans to promote the Community Picnic as part of our Jubilee Celebrations. We are still looking for a DJ to cover the spots between acts – and we would be delighted if more local acts were to offer their services.
The Beacon lighting will either be sited on the open space next to Dairy Lane or the Recreation Ground. We are talking to choirs to provide the traditional musical background. We have a number of eligible applicants to light the Beacon. A full events list will be available soon.
The Youth Council continues with 3 active members currently but it requires a wider membership to make it purposeful and viable. Members have taken up the mantle to promote the group with other young people in the village.
There is a delay to the publication of the first draft of the Local Plan, with it now expected at the end of May beginning of June. The appointed consultants have been slow in coordinating the evidence bases for the report.
The Chair of the Neighborhood Plan Working Group has identified where we need additional evidence and updated source information, in light of feedback from the Inspectors on recent submitted plans.
We still await the agreed grant funding from UDC towards the refurbishment of the Day Centre – this has been highlighted to the Chief Executive.
The Flood Working Group are planning – again, to meet with the Environment Agency and local landowners to promote the Natural Flood Measures that have been suggested and discussed for some time now. We hope that there can be some action resulting from this meeting.
A follow-up meeting coordinated by Columbia Threadneedle was held with myself and Cllr Hogg, with the Clerk present – this was in relation to the issues we raised in respect of their planning application and in relation to the possibility of land for use for community benefits including sports and cemetery provision. Columbia Threadneedle and ourselves are to discuss the potential for the site with UDC planners and the case officer. The are also looking at transport issues and are in discussion with STAL re a staff travel plan. ANPR monitoring and enforcement to ensure HGV’s do not access the village are also progressing in conjunction with Essex Highways. They are also communicating with the Air Cadets re their potential relocation to a new site. In relation to the height of the buildings – Samantha Hadland commented that 24m was the maximum height of a building and allows full flexibility to meet future tenants possible needs – but, that currently requirements do not exceed 21m.
A new digital app designed to help local businesses, services and venues promote their offers, and provide residents with information on activities taking place in their locality is now available. It gives information and views on Saffron Walden, Thaxted, Dunmow and Stansted and all the surrounding areas. Residents can download the app via www.dscvr-app.com; local businesses by contacting Emilia Quinn on Uttlesford@dscvr-app.com.
District Cllrs Melvin Caton, and Cllr Khan, with the Clerk, are to meet with NEEPP on the Mountfitchet Estate to review options available to address the issue of airport parking; the airport has also agreed to purchase and put up a number of signs similar to the ones on Meadowcroft and Coltsfield. Report Ends.
NOTICE OF MEETING You are summoned to attend a meeting of the FULL COUNCIL which will be held on Wednesday 13th April 2022 at 7.30pm in The Mountfitchet Exchange, Crafton Green, 72 Chapel Hill, Stansted, Essex where the following business will be transacted:
1 To receive and approve apologies for absence
Adjourn for public participation
2 To receive declarations of interest
3 To approve the minutes of the Full Council meeting held on 23rd March 2022
4 To receive an update on action points from the last meeting
5 To receive a report from the Chair
6 To receive the District Councillors’ Report
7 To receive the County Councillor’s Report
- a) To approve the list of payments – to be tabled at the meeting
- b) To receive the Summary Income and Expenditure to 31st March 2022 – To follow
- c) To receive the VAT return to 31st March 2022 – To follow
9 To consider the list of planning applications received– attached
10 Sports & Leisure Strategy – To consider establishing a Working Group and agreeing the Strategy document – See attached
11 Crafton Green House – To consider accepting a quote for repairs – To follow
12 Work Schedule – To note the Work Schedule 2022/23 – see attached
13 To receive an update from the Events Working Group
14 Windmill Sub-Committee – To receive the minutes of the meeting held on 30th March 2022
15 F&GP Committee – To receive the minutes of the meeting held on 30th March 2022
16 To approve the revised Equality & Diversity Policy – See attached
17 To consider adopting the draft Health and Safety Policy – See attached
18 Call for Sites – To consider the Council’s position with regard to site 013 for 66 houses in High Lane – Minute 375 refers
Ruth Clifford, Parish Clerk – 7th April 2022